Knowing how to get more views on YouTube is essential. If you don’t have the views, your competitors get them. There are hundreds of ways to get more views on YouTube, however some of them require a team of people or subcontractors or specialized and expensive software and are not feasible for a small business. There are some very easy ways to get more views on YouTube videos that anyone can implement, which we will talk about here.
Easy Ways to Get More Views on YouTube Videos
Now to get more views on YouTube videos, there are some basics everyone should do. One thing that is always good to do before recording a video is to go “spy”. Control the people who will be your direct competition and see what they are doing. With what title have you titled your videos and what kind of phrases are you targeting? What is in their description and what are they linked to? Do you have your own channel? Do they interact with comments or even have comments turned on?
All of these things will give you some clues as to how easy it will be for you to compete with them. If you already have your video setup and are online, let’s tackle some of the easiest ways to get more views on the YouTube videos you already have.
1. Share your video with everyone. If your video is something that will interest a wide range of people, start sharing it everywhere. Every time you speak to someone, mention them, put them in your signature, and have everyone on your social media accounts see you. Obviously this is kind of basic, but it’s the way to get the ball rolling and get from 5 views up to 500 or 1000.
2. Comment on other videos. Every time you watch a video, comment on it. Do not send it with stupid comments, offer your thoughts or criticism and some help. Then you can leave a link to your video. Tip: The better your comment, the more likely it will end up in the top comment section and your link will stay there. This does not mean that you only get more views on YouTube, but also on Vimeo and other video hosting sites. Even when you’re reading a blog post or forum, leave a link to your video if appropriate.
3. Get more YouTube friends. Seek to create friendships with as many people as possible and then start networking with them, you can create networks of people who share each other’s videos and this can be a powerful way to spread love. Don’t reach out to direct competitors and expect them to mention your video, instead reach out to people who are in sub-niches or secondary niches. If you want to get more views on YouTube channels on how to make muffins, try to find people who make cheesecakes.
They will not steal each other’s customers, but will help each other as they are serving slightly different markets. Don’t overdo it though, if you add thousands of people at once, you will get a severe warning from YouTube. Get more views on YouTube by being a real person and slowly add a certain number of friends each day. Watching it is a long-term plan instead of spending a day adding 2,500 friends and waiting for them to watch your channel.
4. Promote outside of YouTube. You can get more views on YouTube by promoting your videos in hundreds of places online, but there are certain places that are much more likely to attract the people you want. If you have a video on how to do Zumba, find some semi-popular Zumba dance blogs, read the post, and leave a link to your video. This highly targeted way of getting more YouTube views works because you’re targeting only people who are already interested. Look for forums on Zumba-ing or other types of workout dance classes, and you’ll have thousands of people interested in your video, but might not have found it otherwise.
5. Get more views on YouTube with social bookmarking. If you have a video on how to clean a DVD player, create accounts on popular social bookmarking sites like StumbleUpon, Twitter, Pinterest, Digg, and Diigo and add them there. This will help you get views and some backlinks to your video to help you climb a bit in the rankings. Getting backlinks from these sites and the aforementioned blog comments, forum posts, and links on other YouTube videos helps send the message that your video is getting more popular. Don’t forget to tag your videos and give them a good title when submitting to these sites. There are many free tools for making bulk social bookmarking online, however, you still need to create an account with each site you want to use.
Where do you start?
With all of these options, it can be a headache to wonder where to start. By just choosing one simple thing and doing a little bit each day toward the process, you can get off to the best start. Trying to follow a lot of the steps will not get you more views on YouTube because you will give up. Just choose a method to focus on and you will get more views as time goes on because you are slowly building the links to your content.
Before trying all of these above methods, it is highly recommended that you make sure that all the basic video properties are up to par. Make sure your video is titled and capitalized as needed, tagged correctly, and has a good starting image. Make sure you don’t overload your video with too many annotations, instead make a pop-up appear for just a few seconds a couple of times during the video to encourage people to watch more videos, subscribe, or other action you want. If you can do this, you will get more views on YouTube easily, but it is a process and not something you can do overnight.